Saturday, February 20, 2010

In the moment...

I'm the kind of girl who likes to look forward.  So sometimes I really struggle with being in the moment.

My mind is always thinking of the next thing, the next season, the next adventure, pushing relationships to the next level, and dreaming of things that are possible. So I work at being content in the moment. I try and stay present. I want to be the person who relishes in all the joy, hope, and beauty of the moment. All that energy spent on being in the moment occasionally gets twisted into thinking too hard and too long.

And so sometimes there is wisdom in moving on... looking forward...pressing on...anticipating...hoping.

The season between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day has been a hard one. I can't really put into a few words all that has been rattling in my head and in my heart... but a lot of insecurity, impatience, and vulnerability. Not fun stuff but probably necessary if i want to be less like me and more like Him.

But for now, this season I am vowing to look forward. I am looking forward to being tickled pink this afternoon, looking forward to Lifegroup tomorrow night, Zumba with my girls, looking forward to spring break and a chance to hang out with friends we love and miss.  I am looking forward to this new family night thing I have bouncing around in my head. I am looking forward to taking some Easter portraits with my new camera after a long hiatus from photographing clients. I am looking forward to the pool and hanging out at the beach till the sun goes down.

I am going to look forward to making the most of the moments I have with those I love being with, instead of worrying about how much time we don't have together. And instead of trying to figure out why someone doesn't want me in their life, I am going to look forward to new friendships that reciprocate the energy I put into them.

It's going to be good...

0 comments: