Tuesday, April 6, 2010

J

Jason is an incredible husband, dad, and friend. He loves us in a way that can be described as nothing less then extravagant. He puts everyone before himself and is quick to pour himself out wherever he is needed.

So we were very proud to celebrate him last weekend,. We were celebrating his birthday and his new position at RLF!

His official title is Central Associate Pastor- which means he belongs to all the Campuses, sort of  like Micah. But Micah calls him the IT Pastor... and likes to travel with him because J functions as his bodyguard and videographer.

I love planning a party but had to keep this pretty simple. Since J is usually the one to haul heavy things and hang things up while I stand back and make sure it is just as I had imagined, I was at a bit of a disadvantage. Lucky for me I didn't have to beg Steve (much) to stand in. He hung paper lanterns from the trees and moved heavy stuff. I have no pictures to prove it but you will have to believe me when I say that the lanterns were stunning after dark. And it was just as I had imagined.

On the note of simple, I wanted to surprise J with something he would love. Enter Marble Slab. Did you know they cater? They brought a portable slab, ice cream, mix-ins, and waffle cones. It was effortless for me but completely unexpected!

It was sweet night with our closest friends-our tribe. After most of the party had cleared out, we pulled chairs out under the canopy of the trees, the lanterns glowing brightly above our best friends. I was overwhelmed for a moment with how blessed we are. The night had been full of the people we love the most, the family we have chosen for ourselves. This was a small crowd but these people are the ones we talk to everyday, pray for, and love fiercely. They are our best friends, our prayer warriors, our accountability. They are our confidantes and closest allies. They are the people who know us, who see our hearts. One of the funnest things about this was that they hadn't all met before. And I loved hearing them say "Oh! So you are_______".

I know everyone there knew first hand how loyal, devoted, and selfless J is and they were there out of their love for J. And I love that.....

1 comments:

Danielle said...

This did not make me tear up at all. Nope. Not one bit.