Monday, March 8, 2010

Bubba

Our boy is growing. There is little trace of baby left in his face. As a baby and toddler, he had these incredibly kissable cheeks. I miss those cheeks... As a baby he always had a smile on his face. He is growing into a much more serious boy.


He goes to school, sleeps in his own room, and dresses himself now. He goes to Royal Rangers every Wednesday with his grandparents and is on his way to earning badges.

He is a natural athlete and has such a spirit of adventure. He is Kaya's best friend and mortal enemy. He is often her prince but sometimes the foe. Every morning while we get dressed, he climbs into our bed and snuggles her, wakes her up slowly. I love this tenderness-nurture or nature... this is a gift from his Daddy. I hope he never forgets the power of a gentle touch.

It's funny to see these parts of him that are so Jason. When he was a baby people would ask who he looked like and to us he always looked like Elisha. As he grows up it's a weird sense of de ja vu to see so much of Jason in him, not physically but in who he is.

Physical touch is truly his love language. There are very few people I hug, it just doesn't occur to me. The people I do hug- well it's high on their list. I hug them because I know it speaks love to them and it is the way they express it to me, so I want to hug them. But its rare for me. But he hugs, he wrestles, and cuddles. He never needs space...

He packs a bag everyday. You never know what you might need. He gets this from his daddy, who get this from his dad. I can't pick up J's backpack that he takes everywhere. When we travel, J packs twice as much as me.

Elisha loves to be together. He loves dinner at the table and it doesn't get better then when we play a dinnertime game. He loves to pray and hold hands. He is jubilant on family movie night when we pile on the couch and share bowls of popcorn. He tells me ten times a day that he misses me...even when I have only been in the other room.


He is the sweetest boy I have ever loved...

0 comments: